Volunteer Overview 2016-17
Thanks for your interest in this program. As a Volunteer Trail Host, you will be an integral part of the Lost Lake Park Nordic delivery team which includes the RMOW and Cross Country Connection.
If you are interested in a position, you can send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be providing information & assistance to guests, validating passes, ensuring safety, and minor trail maintenance.
You will be required to commit to a 2 or 4-hr shift per week. In return for a 2hr shift, you will receive a Lost Lake XC season’s pass. For a 4hr shift, you will receive a Lost Lake XC season’s pass and a 3-4 month Meadow Park Sports Centre Pass, depending on how long our season lasts.
Trail Hosts 2hr or 4hr shift options are 9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm.
Some Trail Hosts will have the option of starting & finishing their shift at Mons, where you will assist with operation of the ticket booth, selling cross country and snow shoe tickets.
- Be available to start by Sat Dec 10th, 2016 or when the trails are ready to open.
- One prescheduled 2hr or 4hr shift per week
- Choose a shift you can commit to all season (usually 14-16 weeks).
- Ensure shift coverage through shift trading with fellow Trail Hosts.
- Attend a mandatory training session Tues Dec 6th 5pm-6:30pm PasssivHaus. Soup included.
- Validate cross country ski passes & snowshoe passes.
- Selling ski & snowshoe tickets (Mons location).
- Provide information & assistance to skiers & snow shoers.
- Redirect non ticket/pass holders to appropriate alternatives.
- Assist in maintaining a safe & fun trail system.
- Assist Ski Patrol/Trail Crew with first aid situations & minor trail maintenance.
- Have good knowledge of the Lost Lake Cross Country Ski & Snowshoe trails.
- Have good knowledge of the Valley Trail System and surrounding neighborhoods.
- Have strong communication skills and a desire to provide assistance/information to guests.
- Be a team player who can also work independently.
- Be active, enjoy being outdoors, and love to cross country ski.
- A Lost Lake XC Season’s pass (2hr shift) and/or MPSC pass or a Family XC Season’s pass (4hr shift).
- Complimentary seasonal equipment rental from Cross Country Connection.
- Trail Host evening technique sessions.
- An opportunity to enjoy Lost Lake Park in winter.